What is it?
UGA CITI Login Portal provides an easy way to login to the CITI web site using your UGA MyID and Password without needing to maintain (and remember) a separate login and password. Furthermore, using the CITI Login Portal links all of your CITI training records to you and UGA. This allows your CITI training records to be used by OVPR’s compliance management applications, such as Click IRB. While the use of the portal will allow the integration of your human subjects training records with Click IRB, it also enhances access, documentation, and review of the other CITI training modules used for Responsible Conduct of Research, Financial Conflict of Interest, or others we may use in the future.
When should I use the UGA CITI Login portal?
UGA faculty/staff/students should use the portal whenever they wish to access CITI’s website, including:
- Creating a new CITI account by a new user
- Affiliating an existing CITI account with the University of Georgia
- Accessing CITI training services
- Examining CITI training records
If you have a CITI account and your UGAID has been associated with your CITI account, you will be taken immediately to the CITI Main Menu to proceed.
If your UGAID cannot be found in CITI, you will be taken to a new page, where you can create a new account or enter your CITI username and password, creating the link between CITI account and your UGAID. Then it will take you to the CITI Main Menu.
You MUST use the UGA CITI Login Portal at least one time before you can participate in any UGA compliance task (protocol submission, renewal, amendment, grant submission) or the next time you wish to take a CITI course. That is simply to be certain that your CITI account is associated with your UGAID.
You MUST use the CITI Login Portal to open a new CITI Account, simply to assure that your UGAID is associated with your CITI account and your CITI account is affiliated with UGA.
Yes, but your CITI training records will not be associated with your UGAID and thus will not be usable by UGA’s compliance applications.
If you have registered as a UGA affiliate without using the UGA CITI Portal, simply use the UGA CITI Portal for your next login to CITI. You will be authenticated as a UGA person (faculty, staff, student), then asked for your CITI username and password. Your CITI account will then be updated with your UGAID, and all will be in order.
You MAY enter a Secondary Email address, without causing confusion.
- Using the UGA CITI Login Portal, login to using your UGA MyID and password.
- You will be on CITI’s main menu using the second account you created.
- Click on “Remove my affiliation from University of Georgia,” at the bottom of the page. Logoff of CITI.
- Now login using the UGA CITI Login Portal again.
- This time, because you removed your UGA affiliation, the second account you created will not be found.
- Following the instructions on this page, and selecting the second radio button, you will be able to enter the CITI login and password of the CITI account that you wish to use, causing your UGAID to be associated to that account and your UGA affiliation to be established.